Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: So you find an old half used bottle of gear, how do you decide if its ok to use it?

Vet

So you find an old half used bottle of gear, how do you decide if its ok to use it?

Posting with it in mind that we are in New Member University section, we've had some similar questions lately so i thought I get your ideas on this. I'll give you two scenarios so you can see the general idea of what I'm getting at then please contribute how you see fit.

My concern is not about crashed gear or potency, my concern is that once a vial has been pierced even once we have introduced the possibility of contamination. I am aware there are measures in place to fight this, please feel free to discuss them and how well they do or don't work.

1 you are rooting around in your stash and find a half full bottle of tren e which you have not done in 3 yrs. First thought may be to add that into the current regime at a low dose or as a finisher or something just to use it up. You pull the bottle out and see that the rubber stopper is a tiny bit wet looking and riddled with holes and the tren looks cloudy.

For me this one goes straight to the garbage, maybe it was just crashed but it just feels weird, so it's gone, not a lot of thought put into it

2 rooting around again find a bottle of Test e half full from a reliable brand that you use semi-regular but you have no idea when this bottle was half used except probably in the past five years. Product looks fine, stopper looks fine. I always load Test first so chance of cross contamination is nil.

This one I would have to do some thinking on.

For the record I don't promote throwing compounds in to a cycle just because you have them on hand and hopefully most people would know more details of opened product than my scenarios provide.

So where are the limits here ?

Vet
    I wouldn't use it if I wasn't sure. An abcess is not worth the $30 you'd save.

This would never happen though because for years at work I've had to rotate. I place used vial at the front of my safe new in the back.
    erichan likes this.

VIP
    Garbage
    bcaamuscle likes this.

Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by biglove View Post
    Garbage
    LOL

Ok, but when? Another scenario - you go stay with some family for xmas and while you are there you open up a nice new 30 ml jug of some crazy expensive blend and use it twice. Then you go home stupidly leaving your jug at grandmas house. You return in the summer. Would you use it then? But what if you didn't return till the next xmas?

Where is the line? Any personal stories? Hard Science?

And yeah Sorbate, money should never be the deciding factor here, that is one point I was hoping this thread would drive home for sure.

Vet
    I didn't finish the eq bottle from last April. I finished it this February and had no issue with it. I believe as long as you are sterile while drawing and keep the bottle someplace cool and dry you shouldn't have a problem for over a year easy. Now if the bottle was kicking around for undetermined amount of time I likely wouldn't use it just to be safe.
    I would never leave juice at my grandmas. She looked up every item in my protien powders and explained the evils of each one to me and how weight lifting was dangerous when I lived with her for a spell. God forbid if she found a vial, lol.

Mind you I am still using a bottle of bac water that is 4 months old and people recommend you ditch it after a month.

I swab and draw in a clean area making sure that there is no air movement (heat turned on). I know it seems paranoid but I got celluitis on my very first injection and I believe it was from the sewing machine motion I was making with the syringe while I breathed on the needle with my day old stink breath, lol
    Last edited by Sorbate; 03-16-2015 at 01:14 AM.

VIP
    There's a question to be answered here...

1. Place the vial in a frying pan. Add enough water to cover the bottom 1 millimeter of the vial.
    2. Turn the stove on medium and cook the vial to ensure the drug is still bonded properly.
    3. Ask yourself...Am I as hardcore as I think I am?
    4. Find out.
    Bodybuilding isn't about competing against others... it's about besting yourself mentally, physically and spiritually. I'd rather place last knowing I did everything I could, rather than first knowing I didn't.

VIP
    I had a 2 bottles of tren ace one 4 cc and the other 7cc a bottle of mast E that had 6 cc and a bottle of test that had 4 cc i called my cuz and told him to come pick them up or there going garbage, never came so the went to the garbage .

Now if you had them sealed in a zip lock i am sure there still good as long you had them well hiding, i always put my injection vials in a zip lock and seal it then put them in a 2 zip lock as i like to be more careful, but to each there own.

but to your answer yes the would still be good.

If you where to use them always take the label off clean the vial with alcohol an the rubber an then each time clean the rubber with alcohol and the the alcohol dry before pulling out.
    Zuespas likes this.

Administrator
    Ummmmm....a filter is worth like 2 bucks.

If you're worried about sterility, it's pretty easy to take care of that. If it's crashed reheat it first to put it back into solution.

Don't throw it out.....that is a waste...that is completely preventable by a two dollar investment and 15 minutes of your time. Pretty easy solution to this problem.

But hey....do what you want.

DW222
    Ya, I personally wouldnt use it. But thats just me.

So you find an old half used bottle of gear, how do you decide if its ok to use it?

I wouldn't use it in scenario one

Scenario two I would.

But I always taught it was rude to leave leftovers.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information